FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Graphic Designer for the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in the Philippines. EpiC is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development USAID) and is now on its second year of implementation. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 goal of the country and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, treatment programming and viral load (VL) suppression among key populations (KPs) and priority populations (PPs).
In the Philippines, EpiC works in Mega Manila to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key populations (KPs) in the Philippines and build capacity of local, community based KP organizations and work closely with the government of the Philippines to deliver HIV services tailored to the needs of KPs. In addition to the activities mentioned above EpiC Philippines will focus on expanding HIV case finding in the community, expansion of PrEP and treatment initiation, adherence, and retention support for people living with HIV (PLHIV), with a focus on select key population groups.
The Graphic Designer will report to the Technical Advisor for SBCC of EpiC Philippines in developing a wide range of print, presentation, and web-based communication materials in compliance with USAID and FHI 360 branding and identity. Typical assignments include designing infographics, publications, logos, brochures, training curricula, kits, posters, social media graphics, PowerPoint presentations, and HTML emails, among others. These products are part of the project’s work in HIV prevention and care.
· Conceptualize, illustrate, and design consistent theme and image of the project technical and knowledge products (e.g., presentations, newsletters, publications, brochures, reports, infographics, maps, posters, modules, manuals, etc) as identified by the Technical Team
· Develop with the team communication briefs and contribute to the planning and execution of different PR and dissemination events, including creative illustration and creation of layout
· Articulate the rationale behind design solutions in client presentations and correspondence
· Collaborate with clients, build rapport, and nurture productive professional working relationships through the course of the project
· Appraise art directors, project managers, and/or vendors about project milestones
· Prepare mock-ups and comprehensive layouts for presentation and training or workshop materials and work closely with vendors as needed
· Create simple webpages, apps, and simple web-based communication (e.g., HTML emails)
· Provides recommendation and guidance in the procurement, budget, and selection of products and vendors
· Help maintain a repository of project’s products following the established online document structure and management
· Provide graphic design support to project partners and subgrantees aligned to the plans of the SBCC Team
· Meet all agreed-upon deadlines and budget parameters
· Continuously improve technical and conceptual design skills
· Exercise judgment within defined policies and procedures to obtain solutions to perform duties
· Perform other duties as assigned by the SBCC Advisor.
· Extensive background in graphic …….