Call for Applications
Reference : ROWCA-HR-22-002-CFA
Organizational Unit : Awareness Raising Unit
Duty Station : RO DAKAR
Type of Appointment : Consultancy (90 days over nine months)
Estimated Start Date : 1 February 2022
Closing Date : 24 January 2022
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
The Awareness Raising Unit at IOM’s Regional Office for West and Central Africa in Dakar implements innovative projects aimed at young people and aspirant migrants using a Communication for Development (C4D) approach. These projects (and project pillars) include Migrants as Messengers and IOM X West Africa.
A Graphic Designer is required to develop creative on and offline visuals and layout reports for publication. The consultant will be under the direct supervision of the Head of Awareness Raising.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
Following IOM branding guidelines, develop visual identity guidelines for the Unit and its associated tools (Yenna.org, WAKAWell.info)
Conduct training for the Unit on how to follow the visual identify guidelines in everyday work
Support development of creative visuals to be used in on and offline communications, as required by the project teams (this could include brochures, posters, social media images)
Lay out complex research reports, in multiple languages, including designing tables, graphs and other visuals to aid comprehension
Create bespoke visual aids for the Unit’s publications and communication products
Create templates as required by the Unit
Support with all other tasks required
The consultancy is a full-time assignment based in the IOM Regional Office for West and Central Africa, located in Dakar, Senegal
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• A university degree in a related field.
· Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in graphic design;
· Experience in digital content creation, including graphic design, photography and videography;
· Experience in complex publication layout, including design of graphs, tables and charts;
· Proficient in content editing platforms such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, and other multimedia editing software;
· An eye for design and layout, and access to active licenses;
· Exposure to IOM’s institutional setting and or other international organizations is an advantage.
Fluency in French and English is required.
Knowledge of one other language is an advantage, such as Arabic and/or other languages spoken in West and Central Africa, and Middle East and North Africa .**
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is …….